THE HARD HITTING LONG-TRAVEL ENDURO SPECIALISTOptimized for 160-180mm of travel and packing the same revolutionary feature set as the new 36, the category defining 38 is ready for the big time.
|ALL 38 FACTORY GRIP2 FORKS|
|Upper Tube Finish||Kashima Coat|
|Rotor Size||180 direct Post Mount, Up to 230 compatible|
|Mud Guard Mount||Optional FOX 36/38 Mud Guard with sturdy 4-point direct-mount attachment|
|Air Spring||FLOAT EVOL|
|Starting Weight||2180 g|
|GLOSS ORANGE||GLOSS BLACK||PISTACHIO - Limited Edition|
|Wheel Size||27.5 / 29||27.5 / 29||27.5 / 29|
|Travel||180||160 / 170 / 180*||170|
|Rake||44||37 / 44 / 51*||44|
|Axle||15QR x 110||15QR x 110||Kabolt-X 110|
The proven Transfer seatpost gets lighter and tighter for 2021. Completely redesigned from the ground up, with improved serviceability, decreased weight, reduced length, and decreased insertion depth. “Factory” says it all. The best-of-the-best technology we have to offer is available in our Factory Series models with our buttery smooth, ultra durable Genuine Kashima Coat. These products are World Cup proven.$555.00
Run over everything.Presenting the Smashpot - a fork coil spring conversion system for singlecrown enduro forks, featuring externally adjustable hydraulic anti-bottoming technology to deliver precisely the amount of bottoming resistance you need. CLICK HERE FOR SPRING RATE CHART CLICK HERE FOR INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS (pdf, 8.2Mb)
- Compatible with Fox 36 (2015+) and 36 Rhythm, and Rockshox Pike/Lyrik/Yari/Revelation (35mm) forks. See bottom of page for fitment notes.
- 130-180mm travel, internally adjustable using included spacers. (Note - max permissible travel for your fork is determined by the fork manufacturer and may be less than 180mm)
- Full tool-free control over bottoming resistance.
- 11 coil spring rates available, from 30lbs/in to 80lbs/in precision wound in 5lbs/in increments.
- Rider weights from 45kg (100lbs) to 125kg (275lbs) catered for.
- Universal cartridge kits require only new top caps to be moved between different forks (and foot studs if different fork brands).
- Springs are guided and isolated internally and externally to reduce spring buckling and knocking, minimising noise.
- Spring guiding system also means less rubbing, less wear and less contamination of the bath oil.
- Utilises more oil for superior bushing lubrication and smoothness.
- Only coil conversion system on the market allowing 180mm travel.
- Easy and cost-effective to transfer from one fork to another.
- Allows full use of travel even for very light riders
- No harsh bottoming.
- Reliable and low maintenance.
- User installable and serviceable.
- Designed, developed and manufactured in Whistler, Canada.
- Weight increase of approximately 250-450g (dependent on spring rate and fork's existing spring system).
- System includes one universal Smashpot cartridge kit with brand-specific food stud, fork-specific topcap and spring.
- $420.69CAD (approx $315USD)
Why Coil?Air springs have improved substantially over the years - and we've been at the forefront of air spring development for years, so we've got no bridges to sell you. Yeah, coils are heavier than air, and for some riders that alone is a dealbreaker - fair enough. The advantages of coil springs, however, are clear:
- Zero stiction or friction in a coil spring. And there never will be.
- Zero spring rate variation.
- Zero moving seals in the spring system to wear out, cause friction or leak.
- Zero temperature effect on spring rate.
- Zero altitude sensitivity.
- More oil in the fork - lubrication and service life are improved.
- Day in, day out, the fork just straight up feels good.
- In short, improvements in sensitivity, grip, compliance, mid-stroke support and consistency, with reductions in harshness and hand pain.
Externally adjustable, speed sensitive hydraulic bottoming control valveThe heart of the Smashpot is a speed sensitive shimmed valve which engages progressively and seamlessly in the last 50mm of travel to effectively manage high energy and low energy inputs without harshness. Easy tool-free external adjustment ensures you get as much or as little bottoming resistance as you need. Light and smooth? Easy. Big and aggressive? Just as easy. Turn a dial and you're sorted.
Why go this route?Unlike conventional hydraulic anti-bottoming cones, the longer displacement over which it is effective and its speed-sensitive shimmed valve means the Smashpot can dissipate more energy with lower forces, bringing the fork to a gentle stop at the end of the travel in a smooth, controlled manner. Compared to alternatives such as elastomer or pneumatic bump stops, the Smashpot doesn't involve components physically colliding mid-travel. And unlike air springs and pneumatic bump stops, it dissipates energy rather than storing it and throwing it back at you, further stabilising the bike. There's no air spring seals, meaning fewer potential points of failure in your fork, no spring stiction, fewer wearing seals, and no need for a shock pump - ever.
- How much weight does it add? It's heavier than your air spring by between 250-450g, depending on spring rate (firmer springs are generally heavier) and the fork's original spring system (TALAS/DPA are typically heavier than Float/Solo Air). If the weight bothers you, you may be more interested in a Luftkappe.
- Can I convert my fork back to air afterwards? Going back to air, should you wish to, may not be an option - spring rub may score the inside of your stanchion, so the the piston may not seal again. The spring is both isolated and guided to minimise stanchion knock and rub, however there are no guarantees an air spring will seal again after riding with a spring installed. We'd be pretty surprised if anyone actually wanted to do this after riding the Smashpot though.
- Do I need any extra parts to change the travel? All spacers required are included with the kit. The only thing you may want is more heat shrink for the cartridge tube, as it's installed after travel is set internally. CLICK HERE FOR SPARE PARTS.
- Does it void the fork's warranty? As with any aftermarket modifications, it should be expected to void the fork manufacturer's warranty.
- What versions of the Pike does it fit? It is available for all 35mm Pikes in 27.5" and 29" from MY2014 onwards (no fitment for 26") in Boost and non-Boost. 29" forks need to use the included adaptor to lengthen the top cap.
- What versions of the Revelation does it fit? It fits all 35mm versions of the Revelation from MY2018 onwards.
- What versions of the Lyrik/Yari does it fit? It fits all versions of the Lyrik & Yari from MY2016 onwards.
- What versions of the Fox 36 does it fit? It fits all versions of the 36 from MY2015 onwards EXCEPT Pedelec e-bike specific forks. IMPORTANT: Call Fox with your serial number to check your fork's maximum permissible travel if attempting to run your fork with the Smashpot over 160mm if this is more travel than it currently has.
- Will it fit any other forks? Other applications are under development. Got a fork you want to see it made for? Contact us and let us know.
- New and updated 2021 Fox Transfer Remote Lever designed specifically to work with the Fox Transfer Seatpost.
- This lever is suitable for left mount, underneath the bar.
- Genuine Fox lever.
- Includes cable and housing
- Part Number: 925-06-004
- Fox Transfer setup HERE
Most Advanced Lightweight Trail Shock An entirely new base valve design and the addition of a valved circuit in open mode raises the already high bar for trail category performance. Factory Says It All The best-of-the-best technology we have to offer is available in our Factory Series models with our buttery smooth, and ultra durable Genuine Kashima Coat. These products have been proven on the Downhill World Cup Circuit. Key Highlights Are • NEW graphics • X2 small bump sensitivity meets DPS lightweight and simplicity • Recirculating oil damper design for more control • Remote option • One-piece EVOL air sleeve improves responsiveness and sensitivity • Three-position lever with adjustable Open Mode • Offers 10 clicks to fine-tune compression • Imperial and metric sizes • Factory Series models feature Genuine Kashima Coat • Starting Weight 398g (includes Igus bushings, but no mounting hardware) • 7.5 x 2.0 Weights include Igus bushings, but no mounting hardware$865.00
The 40's GRIP2 damper delivers ultimate performance and control when the going gets rough. Equipped with our patent-pending Variable Valve Control (VVC) high- and low-speed rebound adjuster, improved compression damping and less friction overall, the 40 is just as comfortable in the bike park as it is racing the World Cup circuit.
- FIT GRIP2 damper with 4-way high- and low-speed compression and rebound damping
- 29 wheel option with 20 mm Boost thru axle
- Gloss Orange paint option
- FLOAT EVOL air spring
- Air bleed system ensures consistent fork performance at any altitude
- Factory Series models feature Genuine Kashima Coat
- Travel 203
- Air Spring Models FLOAT
- Damper Grip 2 FIT HSC/LSC
- Axle 20x110 mm thru axle
- Upper Tube Finish Kashima Coat
- Starting Weight 6.08lbs/2760g
Set of six oversized pins. All dropper posts require key way clearance. With so many different frames, clamps and ride heights it's not possible to ship play-free without running the risk of binding. The kit is meant to remove additional play that might develop over time or, for the more mechanically inclined, to tune the play out for a specific bike. Start with the 3 pins marked with 2 lines. If play still exists move to the 3 pins marked with 4 lines. Follow the instructions below referencing this exploded view$20.00
- With the post still installed on bike complete the following steps
- Remove the saddle and clamps
- Wipe away any dirt or debris
- Lower the post to mid travel
- Unthread mid cap assembly (8)
- Remove Cartridge lockring (6) with needle nose pliers
- Upper tube (7) will now slide out
- Replace guide pins (10) with oversized guide pins (19) or (20) and regrease
- Reassemble in reverse order
READY TO RACE STRAIGHT OUT OF THE GATEFeaturing an entirely new chassis and damper, delivering enhanced tunability, smoother performance, and more progressivity than ever before.
|SIZES (With 2-position Adjust Lever)|
|Imperial Sizes (NEW 2021 model)|
|Metric Sizes (NEW 2021 model)|
|Imperial Sizes (2020 model)||7.875 x 2.25|
|SIZES (Without 2-position Adjust Lever)|
|Imperial Sizes (NEW 2021 model)|
|Metric Sizes (NEW 2021 model)||250 x 75|
|Imperial Sizes (2020 model)||8.75 x 2.75|
|Optional 2-position Open/Firm lever (retains high and low speed compression adjustment)|
|High-speed compression - 8 clicks|
|Low-speed compression - 16 clicks|
|High-speed rebound (w/VVC) - 8 clicks|
|Low-speed rebound - 16 clicks|
|Coil spring preload - (new detents on spring collar)|
|ALL FACTORY DHX2 SHOCKS|
|Shaft Coating||Chromoly - Ultra-low friction, highly durable damper shaft finish|
|Detents on spring collar||Yes|
For the first time, we created an air spring with a truly better spring rate, everywhere in the travel, than a coil. The Secus upgrade delivers the first and only air spring system to really come indistinguishably close to the linear spring rate of a coil fork for the entire first 2/3rds of its travel, with the advantage of a gentle end stroke progression to prevent bottoming without the “wall of force” harshness that excessively progressive springs create.$449.00
Changing volume spacers in the shock is an internal adjustment that allows you to change the amount of mid stroke and bottom out resistance. By decreasing the volume in the air canister, the shock will ramp up more quickly at the end of its travel, resisting harsh bottom-outs while still providing small-bump compliance in the top of its travel. It is critical to follow Fox's instructions and recommendations of which spacers to use. • Fox Float CTD/DPS Air Spring Volume Tuning Kit • Fox Par Number: 803-01-250$38.00
Don’t get stuck between dropper sizes. The unique OneUp travel adjust shims allow you to custom tune your OneUp Components Dropper post by lowering the travel and extended length of your post by either 10mm or 20mm. A 180mm travel post can be reduced in travel to either 170mm or 160mm with this shim kit. Drop tuning can be done on-bike, tool free and without removing the saddle or touching a shock pump. Lowering the post travel also increases bushing overlap and alignment pin length, which is great for heavier riders. 210mm Dropper Post - adjustable down to 190mm 180mm Dropper Post - adjustable down to 160mm 150mm Dropper Post - adjustable down to 130mm 120mm Dropper Post - adjustable down to 100mm Compatible with OneUp Components Dropper posts only.$22.00
ALL DROPPERS NOW SHIP WITH AN INSTALLED V2.1 ACTUATORThe OneUp Dropper post is now available in 120mm, 150mm, 180mm and 210mm lengths and all can be shimmed down in travel by 10 or 20mm. We've been obsessed with shaving every last millimeter from the latest OneUp post to give you the the shortest stack height and shortest total length of any dropper post. No other post can get your saddle lower. Still starting from $199 USD with free shipping worldwide, cable actuated with reliable sealed cartridge internals for easy home servicing and includes travel adjust shims allow you to custom tune your post to dial in your perfect length. The dropper market is dominated by expensive big brand posts and generic catalog shopped posts with different logos. We want to offer something better, a post with class leading specs, innovative useful features AND real value. Want more from your dropper? Get OneUp. FEATURES Travel adjust shims allow you to custom tune your post to dial in your perfect length. Cable actuated for easy installation and a simple no bleed remote Ergonomic remote paddle position Reliable sealed cartridge internals User replaceable cartridge only $60 USD Easy to service at home 2 year warranty UPDATES Shortest total length of any dropper Shortest stack height of any dropper New upper DU Bushing in the upper collar Increased bushing overlap and durability 100-210mm post lengths in 10mm increments. 20g lighter SPECS Drop 120mm, 150mm, 180mm, 210mm adjustable*. Diameter 30.9, 31.6, 34.9 Routing Internal only Remote Compatibility:
- SRAM Matchmaker X - SRAM MMX clamps
- Shimano I-spec-EV - 12 speed XTR M9100, XT M8100 and SLX M7100
- Shimano I-spec II - 11 speed XTR M9000, XT M8000, SLX M8000 only
- 22.2mm Bar Clamp - All other groups 10 speed SHIMANO
- Cable clamping remote only (post requires cable stop to be assembled at base of post)
All standard steel springs are black and are marked with their spring rate in lbs/in (in 50 lbs increments) and the total travel of the spring itself. Standard black springs should only be paired with shocks having less travel than the travel marked on the spring itself.$64.95
SLS (Super Light Steel) springs are now available from FOX for DHX and VAN rear shocks. These SLS springs are a lighter weight steel spring option offered in addition to our standard steel springs. The new SLS springs from FOX are lighter than titanium springs at more affordable prices. A proprietary surface treatment and stress relief process removes residual stresses from the spring, allowing them to withstand higher stresses. Each spring is optimised by using a smaller wire diameter and fewer coils, creating a lighter spring. All SLS springs are orange and are marked with their spring rate in lbs/in and the maximum travel of the shock that they are designed to be paired with.$195.00
Fox Racing Fork Dust Wiper/Foam ring Kit - Latest version, Low Friction, 34mm with NO flange. Part number 803-00-945 Suitable for all Fox 34 models. Past and Present Genuine Fox Racing fork dust wiper/foam ring kit, increases durability and extends service life. New Improved Low friction performance seal designed with a dual lip wiper to keep contaminates out. New foam rings to lubricate fork inside. Note - These new flangeless dust seals are best installed using the correct seal driver tool, as recommended by Fox. Kit includes:$49.00
- 2 Dust wiper / oil seals
- 2 Foam lubricating rings
- 3 crush washers