Tyre Insert – Cushcore Inner Tyre Suspension System
WHAT IS CUSHCORE?
CushCore is an engineered foam insert that mounts inside a mountain bike tire. It divides the inner volume of the tire in half, with air underneath the tread and the CushCore insert next to the rim.
Cushcore absorbs impacts, reduces vibration, and adds lateral stability to the tire. These characteristics translate to a more controlled, comfortable, and faster ride.
This system is designed to be used with tubeless-ready or tubeless converted mountain bike rims and tires. CushCore is compatible with tubeless tire sealants.
A specially designed tubeless air valve is included with each insert. The air valve allows air to move through the valve without becoming obstructed by the insert.
Ideally a tire would act more like a suspension system with both a spring and a damper, where the spring supports the load and the damper dissipates the energy.
CushCore delivers that technology to tires for the first time. It is an engineered foaminsert that mounts inside a mountain bike tire and divides the inner volume of the tire in half, with air underneath the tread patch and the CushCore insert next to the rim. They work together as a spring and damper – In other words, an Inner-Tire Suspension System.
A SUSPENSION SYSTEM
A suspension system is made up tires, air pressure in the tires, springs, and dampers. This page explains the difference between springs and dampers (chassis suspension) and tires and air pressure (tire suspension).
When we think of mountain bike suspension, we normally think of suspension forks and rear shocks. This kind of suspension is designed to isolate wheel movements from the frame and rider — the wheels move up and down with the bumps and the chassis stays smooth and level. The chassis is suspended, the wheels are not.
One limitation of chassis suspension is the weight of the wheels, brakes, fork lowers — anything that is not supported by the suspension — has to accelerate and change directions extremely rapidly for the suspension to perform well.
In suspension tuning, these components are known as “unsprung weight.” Unsprung weight is bad because it delays the suspension response time. In short, the more unsprung weight, the worse the suspension.
Tire suspension has virtually zero unsprung weight. Only a tiny section of the tire deforms in response to a bump, and the mass of that portion of the tire is negligible. Because it weighs so little, it can accelerate and change directions extremely rapidly.
On the trail, this means that tires are much more efficient than a suspension fork at absorbing fast, sharp, high frequency bumps. The obstacles where chassis suspension components struggle are the same obstacles where tire suspension shines.
CUSHCORE TIRE SUSPENSION + CHASSIS SUSPENSION
The ideal suspension system is CushCore Inner-Tire Suspension paired with effective chassis suspension. With enhanced tire suspension, less compromise is required of the chassis suspension. The fork and shock may be tuned for improved stability and optimal performance on the obstacles where they naturally work best — low frequency, high force impacts. CushCore will deal with everything else.
27" PRO, 29" PRO, 29" XC
- 520-percent gear range utilising the industry standard XD™ hub driver.
- Light and strong FULL PIN™ technology similar to X-DOME™ bringing true 1x gear range to more riders and builds.
- Lunar and black colourway makes the XG-1275 cassette right at home on any build.
- Offset Grip design provides more padding on the palm side of Grip
- Made from our exclusive A.I.R.E. Compound for reduced weight and improved vibration dampening
- Contoured surface for improved comfort on longer rides
- Soft TPE Ends offer improved comfort and grip protection
- Ergonomic finger cutouts provide improved Grip in all conditions
- Dread Lock textured surface provides improved control with less effort
- Our best aluminium crankset.
- Direct mount interface compatible with chainrings across the entire Eagle™ Ecosystem.
- Master GX colorway as part of Eagle™ Colorsystem – pairs with all cassettes and chains, from Black to Gold to Rainbow to HardChrome and all-new Copper.
- Backwards compatible, works with both 10-50t and new 10-52t cassettes.
- Updated cage architecture provides better chain retention and precise shifts.
- Comes in GX Eagle™ master colorway as part of Eagle™ Colorsystem and goes with all colors of Eagle cassettes & chains – from Black to Gold to Rainbow, to HardChrome and new Copper.
VITAL-MTB 4.5/5 Star Review - Read the full review here
“With a thin and wide design that provides plenty of grip and stability, the OneUp aluminum pedals offers great performance in a durable and easy to maintain package”
The OneUp Aluminum Pedals features a huge (115x105mm) super grippy platform with 10 rear-loading hexagonal steel pins per side to keep your feet planted on even the roughest of trails. With a weight of only 365g, the OneUp Aluminum Pedals won't slow you down on the climbs.
Designed from stealth rubber down and shaped with a subtle convex profile to provide you with more grip thanks to the pedals sitting in the natural arch of your foot. The ultra-thin design (only 8mm at the leading edge) gives you maximum clearance to reduce pedal strikes and deflect off trail obstacle. Clip Less, Ride More.
- 10 rear loading custom hexagonal removable pins per side for maximum grip
- Ultra thin leading edge chamfered design to deflect off any obstacle
- Fully sealed and serviceable design with built in bearing extractor
- Wide platform design for increased stability
- Contoured shape provides ultimate connected feel
INSTRUCTIONSEnsure flange pedal washer and lip seal are assembled with flange side towards crank. In the following orientation. We recommend an additional standard pedal washer to be used with counter bored cranks in between our pedal and the crank. Install with 8mm Hex. Torque to 35Nm (25 ft-lbs) Min NOTE:
- Uninstalled pedals have a minimal axial movement built in that is eliminated when fully install on cranks.
- The retaining O-ring is only to keep the flange washer and seal on pedal in the box and for assembly. It is not necessary for the function of the pedal and can be removed.
- Out of the box our pedals have some resistance to free spinning by design. This can be adjusted by adding or removing grease upon disassembly. Free spinning will increase over time and wear of the bushing.
SHIMANO DEORE - 12-speed - HG - MTB Chain
- Proprietary design ensures smooth shifting and strength
- Extended inner plate improves chain engagement and retention
- Shorter shift times and less pedaling shock
- Optimized to work with HYPERGLIDE+ cassette sprockets and DYNAMIC CHAIN ENGAGEMENT+ chainrings
- 60 Grams
- Standard Grip Length - 5 1/8"
- Weight plus or minus 5%
- 1 Set of Bar Plugs Included
Whether for prized race machines or the build of their dreams, the XG-1299 cassette is the ultimate, giving riders unprecedented 520-percent range thanks to the new 10-52 tooth-span. Stronger racers are now free to choose larger chainrings for more top-end speed, without sacrificing climbing range. More time is spent higher up in the cassette where athletes power transfer is most efficient and wear is minimised. Featuring the industry’s strongest X-Dome™ architecture and proven XD™ driver body, it’s also backwards compatible to give riders even more Eagle™ upgrade options for their current bikes. With multiple Olympic, World Cup and World Championship titles, it also matches up perfectly to XX1 Eagle AXS™ enabled componentry. The XG-1299 cassette utilises the full depth of the new Eagle™ Colorsystem. Available in Black to Gold to Rainbow and all-new Copper, the XG-1299 cassette completes the expression of the worlds most accomplished and sought after bikes.