The D3 Carbon Midnight featuring MIPS epitomizes Troy Lee Designs’ commitment to racing performance. Developed with feedback from TLD’s stable of top-level pro riders, like Steve Peat, Brendan Fairclough, Cam Zink, Brandon Semenuk, Sam and Alise Willoughby, no helmet has won more DH World Cups, Redbull Rampage events, or Olympic Medals than the D3. Simply put, the D3 Carbon Midnight MIPS brings top-level racing performance to real-world riders. Featuring a featherlight carbon fiber shell, the D3 Carbon raises the bar for rider safety with its MIPS (Multi-directional Impact Protection System) liner. The D3 Carbon Midnight features lightweight titanium hardware and efficient high-flow ventilation. The D3 Carbon Midnight doesn’t skimp on styling either, with sleek lines, superb fit and finish and attractive colorways.
- Lightweight carbon fiber shell and titanium hardware enable overall helmet weight of 1075 grams.
- Innovative MIPS safety feature reduces rotational force during impact.
- High-flow ventilation system channels cooling airflow through 20 intake ports to 6 exhaust vents.
- Contoured 3D cheekpads contribute to comfortable, secure fit.
- Removable and washable comfort liner constructed of Coolmax™ and Dri-Lex™ materials.
- Includes two adjustable visors with matching graphics and plush helmet bag.
- Titanium hardware for reduced weight.
- Exceeds bicycle certifications: CPSC 1203, CE EN 1078:2002+A1:2012 ASTM F1952-15, ASTM F2032-15, ASTM F2040-11.
- Weight : 1075 g.
- Not intended for use with motorized vehicles.
Hand Laid MCT Carbon Fiber:
- Hand laid pre-preg carbon / composite / MCT weave blend for superior shell construction and weight reduction.
- Top layer UD (unidirectional) carbon weave provides strength and style.
- High modulus Kevlar reinforced high impact zones for increased strength a rigidity.
- Nylon reinforcement polymer in key high-wear and impact zones.
Large, Medium, X-Large
- 2 Sizes: High Volume 100cc & Compact 70cc
- 1-1/4" dia x 7" for 70cc (32mm dia x 178mm)
- 1-1/4" dia x 10" for 100cc (32mm dia x 254mm)
- 100cc Pump holds EDC Tool & a 20g CO2 or EDC Tool & the Storage Capsule
- 70cc Pump holds EDC Tool (no Storage Capsule) or a 20g CO2
- Fast-On Head (Presta Only) - No threads or locking levers
- Integrated CO2 Inflator
- Fully Sealed, Weatherproofed Internals
- Includes Bottle Cage Mount
- thread CO2 cartridge fully onto inflator head
- press inflator head onto presta valve
- to inflate back off CO2 cartridge a half turn
- tighten CO2 cartridge to stop inflation
- Secure bikes quickly without frame contact with the frame-free ratcheting arm
- Eliminate bike interference by adjusting side to side to create generous spacing between bike mounts
- Ideal for carbon frames, mountain, downhill, ebikes and fat bikes as it fits 20 - 29” wheels and up to 5” tires without adapters
- Complete locking convenience - bikes lock to the bike rack and the bike rack to the receiver with the integrated cable lock and lock knob
- Bike rack easily folds when not in use and tilts away from vehicle for rear access due to the easily accessible HitchSwitch lever
- Easy to install and remove the bike rack with the tool-free AutoAttach system
- Possible to increase the load capacity from 2 to up to 4 bikes with Thule T2 Pro XT Bike Add-on (sold separately, 2” receiver only)
- Not for use with front fenders
- EDC TOP CAP
- EDC steerer plug
- 2x 1mm, 3mm, & 5mm Headset Spacers
- Rubberized ergonomic handle – the most comfortable tire lever you’ll ever use
- Unique “thumb flange” makes it easy to apply pressure to the tire bead
- Sturdy, durable plastic lever – strong enough for DH tires, yet won’t scratch your rims
- Lifetime warranty