- Flip It To Rip It: Tune the ride of the Epic EVO’s FACT 12m carbon frame to match your preferred handling characteristics with flip-chip simplicity that allows riders to steepen the EVO’s headtube angle by half a degree while raising the bottom bracket height by six millimeters.
Going all the way back to when inspiration for the EVO lineup was still waiting to be drawn from employee bike racks packed with hot-rodded Epics sporting shorter stems, wider bars and longer forks, Epic EVO has always been about taking the Epic’s unmatched pedaling efficiency, nimble handling and featherweight chassis and injecting an added dose of capability to make quick work of technical singletrack and demanding descents.
While the Epic EVO sees a seemingly modest 20-millimeter increase in suspension travel up front over its Epic stablemate and just 10-millimeters out back, we’ve worked overtime to make sure it’s been implemented in a way that’ll have you saying ‘Whoa!’ as soon as you hit your first stretch of singletrack.
Meticulously engineered to retain as much of the Epic’s standard-setting efficiency as possible, the EVO’s new suspension kinematics work in concert with Rx XC Tune customized suspension front and rear to ensure you’re able to make the absolute most out of every inch of travel on tap, while still offering increased anti-squat characteristics for improved pedaling efficiency.
With plenty of practice at staying ahead of the curve, the Epic EVO now lays claim to the most capable iteration of our Progressive XC Geometry ever to grace an Epic. It’s also more versatile than ever thanks to a new flip chip-equipped rear end that allows riders to adjust headtube angle and bottom bracket height to easily customize Epic EVO’s handling characteristics.
S-Works Epic EVO
Gloss Oak Green Metallic / Diamond Dust
LG, MD, XL
Sydney Stock, Melbourne Stock
|S-Works FACT 12m Carbon, Progressive XC Geometry, Rider-First Engineered™, threaded BB, 12x148mm rear spacing, internal cable routing, 110mm of travel|
|SEAT BINDER||Specialized Alloy, 34.9mm, Titanium bolt|
|RockShox SID LUXE ULTIMATE, Rx XC Tune, Two Position, Rebound Adjust, 190x40mm|
* Specifications are subject to change without notice
|Headtube/Headset:||Tapered - Integrated Headset. 1-1/8" Upper bearing and 1.5" Lower bearing. S.H.I.S. IS 41/28.6 IS 52/40|
|Seat Post:||31.6mm - Minimum Insertion 100mm|
|Front Derailleur:||N/A - Single Front Chainring Only|
|BB Shell Width:||73mm - Threaded - ISO|
|Recommended Max Tire Size:||2.6 - may vary by tire and rim model|
|Max Brake Rotor Size:||203mm|
|Rear Hub:||148x12mm Through Axle|
The Ripley is our snappy, flickable, playful, fast, lightweight, and versatile 29” trail bike.Its combination of modern geometry, a stiff lightweight carbon chassis, and 120mm of ultra efficient dw-link travel, means it’s equally happy popping off bonus lines as it is crushing all day epics.
|Frame Material||Carbon Fiber Monocoque|
|Frame Weight||5lbs (M, w/o shock)|
|Wheel Size||29” / up to 2.6” tires|
|Front Travel||120-140mm forks|
|Boost Axles||148mm rear / 110mm front|
|Rear Brake||160mm post mount / 203mm max rotor|
|Chainstay Length||432mm (17 inches)|
|Bottom Bracket||Threaded (73mm English threaded)|
|Tapered Headtube||ZS44 upper / ZS56 lower|
|Colors||Matte Braaap or Blue Steel|
|Sizes||S / M / L / XL|
- If speed could talk, it’d introduce itself as the all-new S-Works Epic frame. Offering 100-millimeters of brilliantly efficient Brain-controlled travel, the S-Work Epic increases rear-triangle stiffness for peerless power transfer, while the use of FACT 12m carbon, a dedicated layup and a full carbon shock link also make it the lightest full suspension frame we’ve ever created, all while offering the most capable handling in an Epic yet. Nice to meet you, speed.
- Pairing 100 millimeters of the most efficent travel on earth with RockShox's svelte-yet-stiff SID SL Ultimate chassis, the RockShox SID SL Ultimate BRAIN fork serves as the pinnacle of XC-race supsension perfection.
- Large and X-Large sizes available.