The Ripmo AF (Aluminum Frame) brings the award-winning performance of the carbon Ripmo to a wider, rowdier audience. It’s everything we love from the carbon Ripmo, plus a few tweaks. Best of all, complete bikes start at only $5,500.
Over our long tenure from mountain biking’s awkward adolescence to its current anything-shreddy era, we’ve experimented with steel, aluminum and titanium — remember the Bow-Ti, the first superbike? We remember the metal times too, and it feels good to offer a premium ride experience to our broadening family of riders, courtesy of durable, affordable aluminum alloy.
With a steep, 76-degree seat tube angle and a rangy but not stratospheric reach, the Ripmo AF places riders centrally and upright over the bottom bracket. It makes for an efficient position that can go the long haul without placing too much weight on its slack, 64.9-degree headtube angle. A 44mm reduced-offset fork is more surefooted on steep descents and steadies high speeds. Better up, better down.
Since 2005, we’ve partnered with suspension guru Dave Weagle on the dw-link suspension platform. It provides an unparalleled combination of climbing efficiency and downhill performance, which has been proven repeatedly at the highest levels of racing.
The Ripmo AF is compatible with both coil and air shocks due to a more progressive leverage rate. It allows for coil’s linearity to thrive and we spec air shocks with tunes that provide pop without feeling too harsh. On the trail, it gives the suspension a supple feel throughout the entirety of the stroke, enhancing traction no matter how deep you dig.
2.6” TIRE CLEARANCE
Ibis helped pioneer the wide rim revolution, which inspired the new crop of wider 2.4” — 2.6” tires. When paired together, this combo can be run at ultra low pressures which results in elbow-dragging cornering traction without sacrificing straight line speed.
PICK YOUR SIZE
We use words like small, medium, and large to describe our sizing because it’s easy to understand, but our ultra low standovers give you the ability to size your frame based on reach and preference.
LONG DROPPER POST
What’s better than a dropper post? A longer one. Our frames are designed to accommodate the longest dropper posts possible. Riders over 5’8 (or 173cm) can easily run a 185mm dropper post, while folks between 5’ and 5’8 (152cm — 172cm) can use a post 125mm or longer depending on inseam length.
REMOVABLE ISCG05 MOUNT
Our optional ISCG 05 mount is there if you want it, removable if you don’t.
SEVEN YEAR WARRANTY
We stand behind our products. If it’s our fault, we’ll fix it. Our aluminum frames are backed by the same 7 year warranty and excellent customer as our carbon products.
DVO Air, DVO Coil
- If speed could talk, it’d introduce itself as the all-new S-Works Epic frame. Offering 100-millimeters of brilliantly efficient Brain-controlled travel, the S-Work Epic increases rear-triangle stiffness for peerless power transfer, while the use of FACT 12m carbon, a dedicated layup and a full carbon shock link also make it the lightest full suspension frame we’ve ever created, all while offering the most capable handling in an Epic yet. Nice to meet you, speed.
- Pairing 100 millimeters of the most efficent travel on earth with RockShox's svelte-yet-stiff SID SL Ultimate chassis, the RockShox SID SL Ultimate BRAIN fork serves as the pinnacle of XC-race supsension perfection.
- Large and X-Large sizes available.
- HUB TYPE 240 with Ratchet EXP 36
- RIM Carbon, Hookless tubeless TSS
- INNER WIDTH 30 mm
- SPOKES DT competition® race straightpull