Fox Racing Shox Float CTD / DPS Air Spring Tuning Kit
Changing volume spacers in the shock is an internal adjustment that allows you to change the amount of mid stroke and bottom out resistance. By decreasing the volume in the air canister, the shock will ramp up more quickly at the end of its travel, resisting harsh bottom-outs while still providing small-bump compliance in the top of its travel. It is critical to follow Fox’s instructions and recommendations of which spacers to use.
• Fox Float CTD/DPS Air Spring Volume Tuning Kit • Fox Par Number: 803-01-250
- FIT GRIP2 damper with 4-way high- and low-speed compression and rebound damping
- 29 wheel option with 20 mm Boost thru axle
- Gloss Orange paint option
- FLOAT EVOL air spring
- Air bleed system ensures consistent fork performance at any altitude
- Factory Series models feature Genuine Kashima Coat
- Travel 203
- Air Spring Models FLOAT
- Damper Grip 2 FIT HSC/LSC
- Axle 20x110 mm thru axle
- Upper Tube Finish Kashima Coat
- Starting Weight 6.08lbs/2760g
It is important to have the right tool for the job. It not only will make the job easier, but it will keep you from damaging costly parts. The Fox Shox Seal Driver Tool is designed to perfectly drive Fox fork wiper seals with ease. These drivers will work on both flanged seals and the new low friction seals without flanges.
- 2 Dust wiper / oil seals
- 2 Foam lubricating rings
- 3 crush washers (Including 1 for Talas cartridges)
- 2 Dust wiper / oil seals
- 2 Foam lubricating rings
- 3 crush washers
THE HARD HITTING LONG-TRAVEL ENDURO SPECIALISTOptimized for 160-180mm of travel and packing the same revolutionary feature set as the new 36, the category defining 38 is ready for the big time.
|ALL 38 FACTORY GRIP2 FORKS|
|Upper Tube Finish||Kashima Coat|
|Rotor Size||180 direct Post Mount, Up to 230 compatible|
|Mud Guard Mount||Optional FOX 36/38 Mud Guard with sturdy 4-point direct-mount attachment|
|Air Spring||FLOAT EVOL|
|Starting Weight||2180 g|
|GLOSS ORANGE||GLOSS BLACK||PISTACHIO - Limited Edition|
|Wheel Size||27.5 / 29||27.5 / 29||27.5 / 29|
|Travel||180||160 / 170 / 180*||170|
|Rake||44||37 / 44 / 51*||44|
|Axle||15QR x 110||15QR x 110||Kabolt-X 110|
Run over everything.Presenting the Smashpot - a fork coil spring conversion system for singlecrown enduro forks, featuring externally adjustable hydraulic anti-bottoming technology to deliver precisely the amount of bottoming resistance you need. CLICK HERE FOR SPRING RATE CHART CLICK HERE FOR INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS (pdf, 8.2Mb)
- Compatible with Fox 36 (2015+) and 36 Rhythm, and Rockshox Pike/Lyrik/Yari/Revelation (35mm) forks. See bottom of page for fitment notes.
- 130-180mm travel, internally adjustable using included spacers. (Note - max permissible travel for your fork is determined by the fork manufacturer and may be less than 180mm)
- Full tool-free control over bottoming resistance.
- 11 coil spring rates available, from 30lbs/in to 80lbs/in precision wound in 5lbs/in increments.
- Rider weights from 45kg (100lbs) to 125kg (275lbs) catered for.
- Universal cartridge kits require only new top caps to be moved between different forks (and foot studs if different fork brands).
- Springs are guided and isolated internally and externally to reduce spring buckling and knocking, minimising noise.
- Spring guiding system also means less rubbing, less wear and less contamination of the bath oil.
- Utilises more oil for superior bushing lubrication and smoothness.
- Only coil conversion system on the market allowing 180mm travel.
- Easy and cost-effective to transfer from one fork to another.
- Allows full use of travel even for very light riders
- No harsh bottoming.
- Reliable and low maintenance.
- User installable and serviceable.
- Designed, developed and manufactured in Whistler, Canada.
- Weight increase of approximately 250-450g (dependent on spring rate and fork's existing spring system).
- System includes one universal Smashpot cartridge kit with brand-specific food stud, fork-specific topcap and spring.
- $420.69CAD (approx $315USD)
Why Coil?Air springs have improved substantially over the years - and we've been at the forefront of air spring development for years, so we've got no bridges to sell you. Yeah, coils are heavier than air, and for some riders that alone is a dealbreaker - fair enough. The advantages of coil springs, however, are clear:
- Zero stiction or friction in a coil spring. And there never will be.
- Zero spring rate variation.
- Zero moving seals in the spring system to wear out, cause friction or leak.
- Zero temperature effect on spring rate.
- Zero altitude sensitivity.
- More oil in the fork - lubrication and service life are improved.
- Day in, day out, the fork just straight up feels good.
- In short, improvements in sensitivity, grip, compliance, mid-stroke support and consistency, with reductions in harshness and hand pain.
Externally adjustable, speed sensitive hydraulic bottoming control valveThe heart of the Smashpot is a speed sensitive shimmed valve which engages progressively and seamlessly in the last 50mm of travel to effectively manage high energy and low energy inputs without harshness. Easy tool-free external adjustment ensures you get as much or as little bottoming resistance as you need. Light and smooth? Easy. Big and aggressive? Just as easy. Turn a dial and you're sorted.
Why go this route?Unlike conventional hydraulic anti-bottoming cones, the longer displacement over which it is effective and its speed-sensitive shimmed valve means the Smashpot can dissipate more energy with lower forces, bringing the fork to a gentle stop at the end of the travel in a smooth, controlled manner. Compared to alternatives such as elastomer or pneumatic bump stops, the Smashpot doesn't involve components physically colliding mid-travel. And unlike air springs and pneumatic bump stops, it dissipates energy rather than storing it and throwing it back at you, further stabilising the bike. There's no air spring seals, meaning fewer potential points of failure in your fork, no spring stiction, fewer wearing seals, and no need for a shock pump - ever.
- How much weight does it add? It's heavier than your air spring by between 250-450g, depending on spring rate (firmer springs are generally heavier) and the fork's original spring system (TALAS/DPA are typically heavier than Float/Solo Air). If the weight bothers you, you may be more interested in a Luftkappe.
- Can I convert my fork back to air afterwards? Going back to air, should you wish to, may not be an option - spring rub may score the inside of your stanchion, so the the piston may not seal again. The spring is both isolated and guided to minimise stanchion knock and rub, however there are no guarantees an air spring will seal again after riding with a spring installed. We'd be pretty surprised if anyone actually wanted to do this after riding the Smashpot though.
- Do I need any extra parts to change the travel? All spacers required are included with the kit. The only thing you may want is more heat shrink for the cartridge tube, as it's installed after travel is set internally. CLICK HERE FOR SPARE PARTS.
- Does it void the fork's warranty? As with any aftermarket modifications, it should be expected to void the fork manufacturer's warranty.
- What versions of the Pike does it fit? It is available for all 35mm Pikes in 27.5" and 29" from MY2014 onwards (no fitment for 26") in Boost and non-Boost. 29" forks need to use the included adaptor to lengthen the top cap.
- What versions of the Revelation does it fit? It fits all 35mm versions of the Revelation from MY2018 onwards.
- What versions of the Lyrik/Yari does it fit? It fits all versions of the Lyrik & Yari from MY2016 onwards.
- What versions of the Fox 36 does it fit? It fits all versions of the 36 from MY2015 onwards EXCEPT Pedelec e-bike specific forks. IMPORTANT: Call Fox with your serial number to check your fork's maximum permissible travel if attempting to run your fork with the Smashpot over 160mm if this is more travel than it currently has.
- Will it fit any other forks? Other applications are under development. Got a fork you want to see it made for? Contact us and let us know.