Remove your old star-nut and tap the top of your steerer tube. This might sound daunting, but we’ve made it super easy to do on your bike, without even removing your fork.
- Remove your bar and stem
- Use the OneUp star-nut puller to remove your old star nut
- Using the self aligning steerer tap kit, tap a thread into your steerer until the tap bottoms out.
SEE VIDEO and detailed instructions below. Please read entire instructions and consult your local bike shop if you are uncomfortable with performing the tapping procedure.
REMOVE YOUR STAR NUT
- Put your bike in a stand with the front wheel resting on the floor. If you don’t have a bike stand, ensure that your bike is securely supported.
- Remove your top cap, top cap/headset spacers, stem and handlebar leaving at least 40mm of exposed steerer.
- This would be a good time to shorten your steerer tube if you have excess length above your stem. We recommend 5-10mm of steerer above the stem.
- Apply some grease to the inside of your steerer tube to make it easier to pull out your Star Nut
- Take the OneUp Star Nut Puller (short silver cylinder) and drop it over your steerer tube
- Using a 5mm hex, tighten the supplied star nut puller bolt to pull the star nut out of your steerer.
- Your star nut will either pull out as complete piece or the centre portion of the star nut will pull out leaving 2 star shaped pieces still in the steerer tube. If this happens, take a screwdriver and lightly tap one edge of the top star nut until it flips 90 degs and is easy to remove. Repeat for the second piece.
THREAD YOUR STEERER
- Push a paper towel into the bottom of your steerer to plug the bottom of your fork. This protects your fork seals and stanchions from any aluminum chips created when you thread the steerer.
- Take the tap (threaded cutter piece) and put it inside the tap guide (long black tube piece), then take an 8mm Hex and push it through the hole in the tap that protrudes through the guide, this becomes your tap handle (think handle for turning a faucet).
- Grease the inside of the steerer, this makes it easier to cut the threads and will also help catch any falling chips.
- Place the tap assembly onto your steerer. The tap guide will automatically align the tap.
- To thread your steerer, turn the tap in the guide using the tap handle. 1/2 turn forward and 1/4 turn back, then repeat
- After 4 full turns, pour some chain lube or cutting fluid down one of the channels in your tap, this will make cutting the threads easier. Repeat this again after 8 turns of the tap.
- When you have threaded the full 8mm, the Tap Handle will bottom out on the guide and you will be unable to turn any further. The guide ensures you only ever tap to the exact depth necessary.
- Once you’ve bottomed out the tap, turn the tap handle counter-clockwise until the tap is free.
- Before removing the tap and guide assembly, wrap a paper towel around the top of your steerer to catch any chips that fall off the tap as you remove it.
- Hold a plastic bag under the steerer tube to catch any chips or debris. Take another paper towel and push it down through your newly threaded steerer using the 8mm hex. This removes all chips, and pushes out the first towel you used to plug the steerer in Step #2.
- Reinstall your lower headset spacers and put your stem back on. Do not tighten your stem bolts yet.
The OneUp EDC Tap Kit includes: A Star Nut Puller / “Go No-Go” Gauge,Tap and Tap Guide. (A Tap is a common cutting tool used to manufacture/cut internal threads)
All compatibility and fit determinations have been made solely by OneUp. Use of this or any other aftermarket product may void any warranty you have with the original part manufacturer.
- Shock Doctor technology
- Neck brace integration patent-pending design is compatible with leading neck braces without compromising fit and protection (removable upper chest/spine and clavicle pads accommodate ideal fit with brace)
- Strata foam articulates with complex body zones while providing impact protection (removable, rib and bicep pads for coverage preferences)
- Vent-trak moves air through flexible channels over skin surface to cool the athlete
- Hex mesh disperses impact with a dimensional mesh construction that allows air to flow freely
- Open armpit design and wide neck opening for comfort
- Anatomical design provides a close fit while integrated zones protect the chest, ribs, back/spine, clavicle, shoulders and biceps.
L-keys made from circular material with plastic sleeve for use on bicycles. The plastic sleeve makes working comfortable even at low temperatures and is easy on the fingers. All L-keys are easily accessible due to their colour coding and size markings. For hexagonal socket screws and TORX® screws. In a robust and lightweight folding pouch.
For Everyday Use Muc-Off are always on the move and it’s not always easy to wash with soap and water. On a daily basis you’ll come into contact with bacteria, viruses and germs from commuting to work, working at your desk, shopping or on public transport.
Kills 99.99% of Bacteria on Your Hands Formulated in response to the focus on helping with hygiene, the Antibacterial Sanitising Hand Gel is designed to kill 99.99% of bacteria on your hands. The quick drying formula eliminates the need to rinse with water.
Directions for Use Squeeze a small amount into palm and rub hands together until dry, no need to rinse.
Premium, platform hitch bike rack delivering maximum strength, security and user friendliness (for 2-4 bikes).
- Secure bikes quickly without frame contact with the frame-free ratcheting arm
- Eliminate bike interference by adjusting side to side to create generous spacing between bike mounts
- Ideal for carbon frames, mountain, downhill, ebikes and fat bikes as it fits 20 – 29” wheels and up to 5” tires without adapters
- Complete locking convenience – bikes lock to the bike rack and the bike rack to the receiver with the integrated cable lock and lock knob
- Bike rack easily folds when not in use and tilts away from vehicle for rear access due to the easily accessible HitchSwitch lever
- Easy to install and remove the bike rack with the tool-free AutoAttach system
- Possible to increase the load capacity from 2 to up to 4 bikes with Thule T2 Pro XT Bike Add-on (sold separately, 2” receiver only)
- Not for use with front fenders
** This is a Bulky Item **
400psi | 27.5bar
Durable, fiber reinforced Composite Matrix construction. Optimized side-load shape for easy bottle access in compact frames. Engineered to hold bottles securely. Oval mounting holes allow fine tuning of position on frame. Available in left- or right-side configurations. Sold individually or in pairs.