CushCore Tyre Inserts
WHAT IS CUSHCORE?
CushCore is an engineered foam insert that mounts inside a mountain bike tire. It divides the inner volume of the tire in half, with air underneath the tread and the CushCore insert next to the rim.
Cushcore absorbs impacts, reduces vibration, and adds lateral stability to the tire. These characteristics translate to a more controlled, comfortable, and faster ride.
This system is designed to be used with tubeless-ready or tubeless converted mountain bike rims and tires. CushCore is compatible with tubeless tire sealants.
A specially designed tubeless air valve is included with each insert. The air valve allows air to move through the valve without becoming obstructed by the insert.
Ideally a tire would act more like a suspension system with both a spring and a damper, where the spring supports the load and the damper dissipates the energy.
CushCore delivers that technology to tires for the first time. It is an engineered foaminsert that mounts inside a mountain bike tire and divides the inner volume of the tire in half, with air underneath the tread patch and the CushCore insert next to the rim. They work together as a spring and damper – In other words, an Inner-Tire Suspension System.
A SUSPENSION SYSTEM
A suspension system is made up tires, air pressure in the tires, springs, and dampers. This page explains the difference between springs and dampers (chassis suspension) and tires and air pressure (tire suspension).
When we think of mountain bike suspension, we normally think of suspension forks and rear shocks. This kind of suspension is designed to isolate wheel movements from the frame and rider — the wheels move up and down with the bumps and the chassis stays smooth and level. The chassis is suspended, the wheels are not.
One limitation of chassis suspension is the weight of the wheels, brakes, fork lowers — anything that is not supported by the suspension — has to accelerate and change directions extremely rapidly for the suspension to perform well.
In suspension tuning, these components are known as “unsprung weight.” Unsprung weight is bad because it delays the suspension response time. In short, the more unsprung weight, the worse the suspension.
Tire suspension has virtually zero unsprung weight. Only a tiny section of the tire deforms in response to a bump, and the mass of that portion of the tire is negligible. Because it weighs so little, it can accelerate and change directions extremely rapidly.
On the trail, this means that tires are much more efficient than a suspension fork at absorbing fast, sharp, high frequency bumps. The obstacles where chassis suspension components struggle are the same obstacles where tire suspension shines.
CUSHCORE TIRE SUSPENSION + CHASSIS SUSPENSION
The ideal suspension system is CushCore Inner-Tire Suspension paired with effective chassis suspension. With enhanced tire suspension, less compromise is required of the chassis suspension. The fork and shock may be tuned for improved stability and optimal performance on the obstacles where they naturally work best — low frequency, high force impacts. CushCore will deal with everything else.
27" PRO, 29" PRO, 29" XC, Pro Mixed Kit 27.5 & 29
- Our best aluminium crankset.
- Direct mount interface compatible with chainrings across the entire Eagle™ Ecosystem.
- Master GX colorway as part of Eagle™ Colorsystem – pairs with all cassettes and chains, from Black to Gold to Rainbow to HardChrome and all-new Copper.
The HG701-11 chain is directional and features SIL-TEC treatment on the roller link plate and pin link plate for increased durability. It is compatible with 11-speed road, MTB, and E-BIKES thanks to its reinforced design.
- Smooth and reliable shifting performance
- Directional 11-speed chain
- More efficient and silent, less maintenance
- SIL-TEC surface treatment
- MTB, Road, E-BIKE 11-speed compatible
- Reinforced chain for E-BIKE use
- New chain plate dimension
- Weight: 257g (114Links)
The new standard in enduro tires
- DoubleDown (DD) 120 TPI dual-ply construction available
- Excellent all-around performance
- Tubeless Ready (TR)
- Wide trail (WT) casing is optimised for 30-35mm inner width rims
The Aggressor is designed for high-speed modern mountain bike trails. Advanced knob shaping creates extra gripping edges, and reinforced side knobs offer enhanced stability when cornering at speed. An all-around trail tire excelling on everything from loose cross country race courses to heavy all-mountain riding.
XTR – Chainring – DYNAMIC CHAIN ENGAGEMENT+ – 12-speed
XTR SM-CRM95 race performance chainring delivers smooth and responsive pedaling over bumpy terrain. The SM-CRM95 chainring features SHIMANO DYNAMIC CHAIN ENGAGEMENT+ technology, which features special gear teeth profiles that deliver exceptional chain engagement and chain retention.
- 160Wh capacity delivers up to one additional hour of riding.
- Compatible with Turbo SL Bikes.
- Includes a 3 LED charge-level indicator.
- SL Range Extender cable SOLD SEPARATELY
- Backwards compatible, works with both 10-50t and new 10-52t cassettes.
- Updated cage architecture provides better chain retention and precise shifts.
- Comes in GX Eagle™ master colorway as part of Eagle™ Colorsystem and goes with all colors of Eagle cassettes & chains – from Black to Gold to Rainbow, to HardChrome and new Copper.
The Rekon is an aggressive trail tire inspired by the Ikon
- 3C MaxxTerra Available
- Designed for aggressive XC trails
- Reinforced EXO construction Available
- Wide trail (WT) casing is optimised for 30-35mm inner width rims
The Rekon is an aggressive trail tire inspired by the Ikon for intermediate and technical terrain. Wide knobs down the middle provide control under braking and L-shaped side knobs assure support when carving loose turns. With confidence like this you can race more and scout less with the Rekon.
Recommended for grip shift and riders looking for the best shock absorbing grip in the industry!
- 60 Grams
- Standard Grip Length – 5 1/8″
- Weight plus or minus 5%
- 1 Set of Bar Plugs Included
* Colors may vary from screen to screen. NOTE: Our Black is a dark charcoal gray.
VITAL-MTB 4.5/5 Star Review – Read the full review here
“With a thin and wide design that provides plenty of grip and stability, the OneUp aluminum pedals offers great performance in a durable and easy to maintain package”
The OneUp Aluminum Pedals features a huge (115x105mm) super grippy platform with 10 rear-loading hexagonal steel pins per side to keep your feet planted on even the roughest of trails. With a weight of only 365g, the OneUp Aluminum Pedals won’t slow you down on the climbs.